There has been a change at the top after nearly a century as Brian Kelly has passed Knute Rockne for the most wins by a head coach in the long history of Notre Dame football.
Some think it’s absurd, others realize that playing three or four more games a year really helps the total add up.
Some are even bright enough to realize that you don’t get to that many career victories without being a really good coach, but that’s not the point of this piece.
This is to give you the information you’re looking for:
Who are Notre Dame’s winningest coaches of all time and just how many (or few) really good or great ones have there actually been?
Check it out below as we give you the top-13 all-time:
1. Brian Kelly Brian Kelly 2010-2021 113 wins
2. Knute Rockne Knute Rockne 1918-1930 105 wins
3. Lou Holtz Lou Holtz 1986-1996 100 wins
4. Ara Parseghian Ara Parseghian 1964-1974 95 wins
5. Frank Leahy Frank Leahy 1941-1953 87 wins
6. Dan Devine Dan Devine 1975-1980 53 wins
7. Elmer Layden Elmer Layden 1934-1940 47 wins
T-8. Bob Davie Bob Davie 1997-2001 35 wins
T-8. Charlie Weis Charlie Weis 2005-2009 35 wins
10. Jesse Harper Jesse Harper 1913-1917 34 wins
11. Terry Brennan Terry Brennan 1954-1958 32 wins
12. Gerry Faust Gerry Faust 1981-1985 30 wins
13. Tyrone Willingham Tyrone Willingham 21 wins 2002-2004
Penn State rises, Washington enters as Week 4's AP Poll sets up enticing games ahead