Sunday was the perfect example if you wanted a snapshot of how erratic the NFL is in the Year of our Lord 2022.
You had Geno Smith's Seattle Seahawks pummel Justin Herbert's Los Angeles Chargers.
Tom Brady was outplayed by P.J. Walker as the "aren't they tanking?" Panthers beat the Bucs.
Oh, and Taylor Heinicke made the winning plays Aaron Rodgers couldn't as the Commanders took down the Packers.
The weird season continued Monday night when the skidding Bears waltzed into Gillette Stadium
and pantsed the Patriots in primetime. The 33-14 win snapped the Bears three-game losing
1. Philadelphia Eagles (6-0): The Eagles’ bye week gave Philly sports fans time to enjoy the Phillies’
run to the World Series and ignore the fact that Daryl Morey has reconstructed the 2019 Rockets in the City of Brotherly Love.
2. Buffalo Bills (5-1): Coming off a bye, the Bills have a chance to drive a stake into
the heart of the 2022 Packers next Sunday night. Get the funeral precession ready.
3. Kansas City Chiefs (5-2): Patrick Mahomes and Co. averaged 9.1 yards per play
Sunday and hung 44 on the No. 1 defense in the NFL. Statement.
4. Cincinnati Bengals (4-3): It was only a matter of time, but Joe Burrow and the Bengals’ offense are officially back.
5. New York Giants (6-1): It’s not always pretty, but Brian Daboll’s Giants just keep winning.
7. Dallas Cowboys (5-2): Dak Prescott’s return left a lot to be desired as the Cowboys
played around with the hapless Lions for three quarters. I still need to see more from Dallas.