For the first time since losing opening weekend, the Dallas Cowboys will be heading into a matchup with a foul taste in their mouths
. Losing to a rival hurts, but the show must go on and that means preparing for the Detroit Lions in Week 7.
It’s also the first time the Cowboys will be playing a team coming off of a bye week.
Dallas is likely going to be getting a return from starting quarterback Dak Prescott,
so there are no excuses. A new winning streak could be awaiting, and that needs to begin with an improved Lions team,
who have an offense that can put up points. Here are six things to know about the Lions ahead of the Week 7 matchup.
1.Haven't beaten Cowboys since 2013 The Cowboys and Lions don’t play every year, but it’s been close to nine years since they’ve lost to Detroit.
Dallas has gone 4-0 against their NFC North foes since their last loss,
which includes the 2014 playoff win when quarterback Tony Romo led a comeback with his game-winning touchdown pass to Terrance Williams.
2. Two-headed monster at RB The Cowboys like to believe they have the best running back tandem in the league,
but the Lions also have a strong claim. Starting RB D’Andre Swift leads an explosive backfield that also has veteran RB Jamaal Williams.
3. Offense is legit... The Lions have one of the league’s best offenses through the first six weeks of the season.
They rank second in total yards (411.8) and third in point per game (28). A
4. .. the Lions' defense isn't As good as the Lions have been on offense this season, they’ve been equally as bad on defense.
Detroit is dead last in the league defensively, giving up the most rushing yards a game (167.6
5. Games have been close The Lions might be 1-4 on the season, but every game except the Week 5 loss,
has been close. Head coach Dan Campbell leads a gritty team that doesn’t give up and fights until the very end.
6. Impressive rookie pass rusher The Lions held the second overall pick the 2022 NFL draft and selected defensive end Aidan Hutchinson out of Michigan.
Hutchinson was one of the top pass rushers available in the draft and he hasn’t disappointed in his rookie season.